Permanent Teacher Roles
Following a period of strong growth in student numbers and with the implementation of the new curriculum, the College has a number of openings, in 2019, for qualified teachers within the following subject areas:
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Legal Studies
- Religious Education
- Registered and qualified to teach in Queensland, or be able to gain this registration prior to starting
- Strong and modern content and pedagogical knowledge
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching, reflecting an integration of contemporary pedagogical and curriculum theory, particularly as it applies to the education of boys
To be suitable for this role, you will need to:
- Enhance core learnings for students as stated in the College curriculum plan
- Strive to discover and model best practice in the learning and teaching environment
- Contribute to the development of a mindful culture at the school
- Adhere to College pastoral care and discipline programs
- Collaborate with House Deans to support students through Pastoral Care group activities
- Support and uphold the philosophy of Catholic education in the Edmund Rice Tradition
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and the College’s co-curricular program
Your salary will be paid in line with your classification (years of experience), as per the Teacher's Award of the Catholic Religious Institute Schools Award.
View the position description here [PDF, 223 KB].
To apply, please send your resume, including your QCT registration number, and a covering letter explaining your motivation for applying and the subjects and year levels you are qualified to teach, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn to Swim Coaches
St Joseph’s Nudgee College is currently seeking qualified and experienced 'Learn to Swim' coaches for Nudgee College Swimming.
- 9.30am to 11.30am
- 9.30am to 12.30pm
- 9.30am to 1.30pm
- An Australian Swimming Coaching License
- Learn to Swim qualifications
- A current, or the ability to gain, a Working with Children Blue Card
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Due to an expansion in the bus department, the College is seeking to employ multiple part time and casual bus drivers for weekday, night and weekend shifts. We are offering morning, afternoon and evening work. Depending on the shift you will be driving either our students or adults/elderly members of our extended community.
To be successful, you will need a:
- Current Queensland driver's licence - (minimum MR);
- Current Queensland Driver's Authority;
- First Aid Certificate (or be willing to obtain, paid for by the College); and
- Current and valid Working with Children Card (or ability to obtain).
Applications are sought immediately. Interviews will be conducted as soon as suitable applicants are found.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org