"Superna sequor - Strive after the Best"
Br J B Duggan (1866–1917) arrived at Nudgee College in 1893, initially teaching the Senior University classes but becoming Principal from 1901 to 1904. As both teacher and Principal, Br Duggan was inspirational. This was reflected by the achievements of his students who won numerous prizes including University Exhibitions, Scholarships and Awards. During his term of office, Br Duggan completed the building of Mary’s Tower, the northern block and the colonnades of the Old Building.